When safety trumps privacy..... being a parent always takes priority... friendship will come later....
"Your teen comes home from school and goes up to her bedroom, closes the door and goes online." - ScreenRetriever
As a parent of a teenager in today's digital society it can be difficult to keep up with the ever changing Internet. It can be more challenging to keep your lines of communication open with your teen to insure their safety both online and off, however it is a priority for parents.
Stats parents should know:
- More than 500,000 predators are online everyday
- Kids 12 to 15 are susceptible to being groomed and manipulated by offenders online
- FBI stats show that more than 50% of victims of online sexual exploitation are 12-15 years old
- 89 % of all sexual advances towards our children take place in internet chat rooms and through instant messaging
- In (27%) of exploitation incidents, predators asked kids for sexual photographs of themselves.
- 4% of kids get “aggressive” sexual solicitations that included attempts to contact the kids offline
free 2-week trial period. No credit card is required for this trial period.
Need help installing it? Yoursphere for Parents is a click away with user friendly instructions!
You can join ScreenRetriever on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.
Join me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter for more information and educational articles on parenting today's teenagers.