Michael Brewer, doused in alcohol and set on fire by bullies and Josie Ratley nearly beaten to death by another teen), it is time to take back South Florida in a positive direction.
October 3rd thru the 9th is National Bullying Prevention Awareness Week and STOMP Out Bullying is asking everyone to make October 4th the day that bullying and cyberbullying prevention is heard around the world by wearing a BLUE SHIRT in solidarity to STOMP Out Bullying™!
Whether you are in Broward, Dade or Palm Beach County, get your schools, neighborhoods and communities involved! Let our country and the world know we are not taking it anymore.
Since 1999, Love Our Children USA™ has been the national nonprofit leader in fighting all forms of violence against children. STOMP Out Bullying™ is a signature program of our organization.
Florida has made the news again recently. James Jones defended his disabled daughter after she was taunted and bullied on a public school bus, as another Florida mother, April Newcomb, encouraged her daughter to fight! The video says it all and it is appalling.
The father, James Jones, quickly recognized his wrong doing, and apologized to the the kids on the bus while April Newcomb was arrested and now being charged with child abuse.
Isn't it time Florida is seen on national television in a positive light? Get your BLUE SHIRTS today and on Saturday, October 4th, let your voice be heard!
Here are more ways you can help STOMP Out Bullying:
- Visit their website and Click the “Click Me” box and join the almost 100,000 who have made a commitment to STOMP Out Bullying™
- Make October 4th the day that bullying and cyberbullying prevention is heard around the world by wearing a BLUE SHIRT in solidarity to STOMP Out Bullying™! You can order BLUE SHIRTS from STOMP Out Bullying™ or wear your own!
- Raise awareness and educate on the issue of bullying and its effects
- Educators can invite students to join in an open discussion on how to STOMP Out Bullying™
- Spread the word and spur others to take action via Facebook, Twitter STOMP Out Bullying, Twitter Love Our Children USA, Blog it, Text it, E-mail it
- Sign the petition which tells President Obama and Congress that we must STOMP Out Bullying™
- Create events to raise awareness of the issue
- Tell us why it’s important to you to STOMP Out Bullying™ on their web site
- Create art, dance, music and theater projects about why and how we can STOMP Out Bullying™
- Plan a STOMP Out Bullying™ walk and raise awareness
- Create posters to STOMP Out Bullying™
- Create your own way to STOMP Out Bullying™ in your community